|Location:||London, UNITED KINGDOM|
|Advert Published:||12 Aug 2012|
|Expiry date:||11 Sep 2012|
|Talascend Ref. No.:||55623|
|OilCareers Ref. No.:||J796583|
Apply here : http://www.oilcareers.com/content/jobsearch/job_advert.asp?jobadid=796583
· The Chief Engineer of Control Systems shall assign a Lead Engineer to a project.
The Lead Engineer shall have extended experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical (OG&C) contracting industry with experience in lead positions managing a team of at least 15 engineers. In addition, the Lead Engineer shall have hands-on experience of project execution through a variety of phases including conceptual design, feasibility studies, front-end design, detailed engineering design and procurement of instrumentation and control systems equipment.
· The Lead Engineer shall report to the Project Engineering Manager assigned to the project and functionally to the discipline Chief Control Systems Engineer.
· The Lead Engineer shall be responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, reporting, coordinating and controlling the control system scope of work for the assigned project within agreed man-hour budget, schedule and quality standards.
· The Lead Engineer shall interface with the Client representatives to ensure all customer expectations are met.
· The Lead Engineer shall ensure that the project scope is fully understood by self and communicated to all team members.
· The Lead Engineer is responsible for completing staff employee annual performance appraisals and for coaching and developing control systems staff to professional status where required.
· The Lead Engineer may be required to assist the Chief Control Systems Engineer with input to proposals, corporate workshop activities, developing standards, developing technical work practices, interviewing control systems engineers including graduates, developing execution strategies and performing technical audits.
· Commercial awareness and leadership skills are important attributes of a good Lead Engineer.
· The Lead Engineer shall be a team player, goal oriented in so far as the production of deliverables and achievement of milestones as well as taking ownership of tasks and the responsibility for their outcome.
· He or she will also be an effective administrator and a good communicator.
· The Lead Engineer must be familiar with European and American Standards and their application as well as industry trends and their likely impacts.
Required Qualifications and Position Skills
. Masters or Honours degree in Control Systems, Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering
. Professional Engineer (Chartered Engineer, Fellow or equivalent)
. Proficient user of office automation packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
. SPI user for the preparation of instrument indices and datasheets – rather than being a proficient hands-on user Lead Engineer should understand how SPI is used
. Document Management, Scheduling, Material Requisition Tool
Candidates must be prepared for international travel on business trips and or project assignments to site.